The 2-year-old girl who got hit by a foul ball at a Houston Astros game last month suffered a skull fracture from the incident — and then a seizure after she was hospitalized — and is now on medication as a result, her family says.
The youngster’s loved ones publicly disclosed her condition on Tuesday, speaking for the first time through their lawyer.
“The family’s foremost concern is about the health of their child,” said attorney Richard Mithoff in a statement. “But they also wanted me to extend their thanks to the fans and the Astros for their concern.”
The family has not yet said whether they plan to sue the baseball team, which had extended their “thoughts and prayers” to them in the days following the May 29 incident at Minute Maid Park, where the Astros were playing the Chicago Cubs.
They showed no signs of ill-will toward the club on Wednesday, with Mithoff offering “their thanks to the fans and the Astros for their concern.”
Doctors wound up treating the girl for bleeding and swelling on the brain — as well as a brain contusion — in addition to her skull fracture. She’s currently at home recovering.
With Post wires